Wed, Jun 22|
St. Thomas Aquinas School
Chamber Music Workshop
Coached by Justin Bruns, Ruth Lenz, Dustin Budish and Eileen Brownell.
Time & Location
Jun 22, 10:00 AM – Jun 24, 4:00 PM
St. Thomas Aquinas School, 310 W 2nd St, Reno, NV 89503, USA
About the event
- Who: Anyone 12 or older looking to improve their chamber music performance skills.
- When: June 22-24, 10 am—4 pm.
- Where: St. Thomas Aquinas School, 195 N. Arlington Ave. Reno, NV 89509
- Cost: $75 per student. Price includes lunches and camp T-Shirt. Mail personal check for full amount to: Tahoe Chamber Music Society c/o Eileen Brownell 800 S. Arlington Ave. Reno, NV 89509
- Deadline: Registration due date is June 11, 2022.
Improve your chops and have fun!
This workshop is designed to help you develop ensemble playing skills, learn to work well with your colleagues, and to have fun with your instrument. We are featuring specialists with wonderful personalities and incredible depth of experience as performers and educators to work with you for three days of fun and music. Educators include:
- Justin Bruns, Associate Concertmaster of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and frequent performer at the Cabrillo and other chamber music festivals
- Ruth Lenz, Concertmaster of the Reno Philharmonic and Chamber Orchestra
- Dustin Budish, Principal Violist of the Reno Philharmonic and Chamber Orchestra
Your time will be spent working with clinicians on chamber music rehearsal and ensemble playing skills. You will attend seminars, see professionals in rehearsal, rehearse on your own, and receive coachings in your own ensembles as you prepare for the final performances that will take place at the end of the clinic.
More instrumental specialists will be added depending on enrollment. You will receive lunches each day of the workshop and you will get a free T-Shirt upon completion of the workshop.
Please feel free to email Eileen Brownell or call (775) 225-9525 with any questions regarding the workshop. Scholarships may be available for some participants.
Submit your registration online. Payment ($75 per student) will be submitted by check.